Your bed knows all your inner stories. That is not a mere sleeping place, but space where you weave dreams, hide tears, release your tiredness. Therefore, you want a bed that is comfortable and gives you a sound sleep. Today, there are different types of bed frames are available in the market. You may not need anything luxurious but choosing the right type of bed can give you comfortable nap. Before getting the ways to choose perfect bed frames, you should know what types of bed frames are available now.
You can pick upholstered or platform bed, four-poster or sleigh bed, but you should remember that whatever bed frame you choose that should match the tone of your room. Let’s find out the popular bed frames-
- Canopy Bed– These are perfect for your daughter’s room or for newly wedded couple. This bed frame looks romantic and fairy-tale like. Usually, this comes in full curtain style or draped with fabric. If you want a full canopy bed, you may go for those where the canopies are attached to the ceiling, and the drapes come falling downwards.
- Low-Post Bed– If you are fond of traditional style and still want a modern touch, this is the perfect bed frame you can go for. You can go for simple posts or designer ones if you like details.
- Four-Poster Bed– Often four-poster beds are regarded as canopy bed when the canopy is attached to the top portion of the bed frame. There are two types of four-posters. Some come with testers, but the ones that are without testers give the most classic and traditional look.
- French-Style Bed– The essential features of this type of beds are the presence of footboards and the upholstered head. This is one of the most romantic types of beds and also very comfortable. Not only for sleeping, but you can also sit on it for reading.
- Brass Bed– From the name, it is quite clear that brass beds are made of solid brass or brass plates. Usually, these types of bed frames are used in ship cabins or on the train while traveling. If you want to read by sitting on it, you may need extra cushioning.
- Wrought Iron Bed– Today, furniture of wrought iron is getting extremely popular. That is only because those are quite lightweight and portable than wooden ones while providing strength. Like the brass bed, you also need to cushion it with more pillows to get extra comfort.
- Upholstered Bed– The most important feature of this bed is the upholstered head and cushioned and thick upholstery. These are one of those beds where your reading experience also becomes comfortable along with sleeping. Having upholstery means you can change it according to your choice. Buy designs that suit the wallpaper or color of your room.
- Sleigh Bed– These are quite good for your growing kids who love to imagine. Maybe this is not the sleigh of Santa Clause; still, your kids will love to sleep in such beds that they watch movies and cartoons. With a greatly curved headboard and the footboard, this bed is more comfortable for reading than any other beds.
- Types of Bed Frame– When you are aiming to buy a new bed frame, the first thing you need to know is what type of bed frame you want. There are lots of options, and you can get confused. That’s why you should know the exact type.
- The Size of the Bed– This is one of the essential factors when you are going to pick the suitable bed frame for you. To pick the right size, you need to consider the size of your room and also how many people are going to sleep on it. Measure your room and then go for buying a new bed.
- Metal Bed or Wooden One– This entirely depends upon you. The metal beds (wrought iron or brass beds) are good-looking, lightweight and many people prefer it for a modern But if you are a traditional person and want to keep a balance between modernism and tradition, wooden beds will be the best pick for you.
- Choose the Finish– if you go to wooden bed, it is very important to choose the best finish as that will increase the longevity of the bed frame. If you are going for softwood, you can have colorful beds that can suit the interior of your room. If your bed is made of hardwood, you may not have that much variation, but those are famous for long life and sturdiness. If you are fond of the traditional style of bed with intricate designs, go for this one.
- Storage Capacity– If you are living in a condo, a bed with enough storage space help you to store many things inside the box. There are certain bed frames which have drawers under the bed. These beds are good for children’s room as they can easily reach out to the boxes and learn to keep things orderly. There are some beds where you get storage space on the headboard and shelves and cupboards are incorporated there. In many beds, you may find storage for a lamp, books, clock, etc.
- The height of the Bed– Last but definitely not the least as this must be checked out while buying new bed frame for your house. Do you have little kids in your house? Then, beds with low height are better as they can easily get onto the bed and there is lesser risk of falling from the bed. Again, too much height is not good for the interior of your room. Low beds look nice.
Hopefully, you get enough idea about choosing the best bed frames. While buying, you can talk to the dealers and get more info about it.